Saturday, January 22, 2011

Archive 8

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It has been a month since I have blogged and that is mostly because I have been super duper busy. Work : preaching, policies to write, reports to write, reports to read, people to talk to, meetings to have, meetings to go to, meetings to complain about – when you work at a Church you meet about absolutely everything and I don’t do so well at meetings. I am good for 2 hours and then I start getting distracted whispering, goofing off, spitballs, doodling, making faces, outrageous comments, I wiggle, go the bathroom, distract others. Not so good but reality nonetheless.

We have removed everything that was on the main floor of our house and put it all on the other floors so that hardwood can be put down, we are getting ready for our 3 week adventure to England, Turkey and Israel – we leave in 4 days, there has been laundry to do, meals to cook, taxes to file, Olympics to watch...... Every couple of days I would think “that would be a great thing to blog about” How am I to become a world class blogger when I have no time to perfect my art?

Right now I am sitting in Starbucks at Blue Mountain while the family is having their last ski of the season. Mark decided it was what he wanted to do for his 13th birthday but I don’t feel like hurling my body down the hill today so I will join them for dinner but then will have a couple blissful hours where I can do some work (which I defined above) while I people watch and drink expensive, overpriced, outrageously costly, did I say expensive Starbucks?

I am one of those people that dislike having choices when I go to a restaurant or a coffee shop. There are so many things I would like to try. Ask anyone who has gone to a restaurant with me – I’m terrible. I have to poll everyone to see what they are having and then I change my mind numerous times. I think there should just be 2 choices. Anyway, after much deliberating I narrow it down to a Green Tea shaken iced tea lemonade or a Chai Tea Latte. Hot or cold? Hot makes more sense because its winter but those green tea lemonades are ever so tasty. What to do? What to do?

My cheap side wins out and I decide on the green tea lemonade (shaken not stirred). I order it only to be informed that they only make those drinks on the weekend. What? That seems silly to me. So a Chai Tea Latte it is. It is very good but not worth 4.15 plus tax. It is very spicy. Mmmmmm good.

Speaking of spices, the other night I went to a spice party. It was one of those Epicure parties where the spices come in jars. We got to sniff spices and eat food and win door prizes. I didn’t win one but then I whined how I never win anything (I was just funnin but I think my story of how I had won something once at a Welcome Wagon Baby Shower event, I was really excited and then opened the bag to discover it was an outfit for a preemie baby, Mark weighed in at 10 lbs so it was a rather useless win – my very sad tale caused the Epicure ladies to give me a jar of red pepper jelly). I felt kinda bad because as I was driving home I realized that I may have big time flustered the Epicure ladies with my rather quirky personality. I try to be good but it is just so hard. I hope I didn’t embarrass my friend (whose identity I am protecting). Did you know you can buy ice cream scoops at spice parties? I spent about 65.00 on my new ice cream scoop and spices! Anyway, I tried to figure out on my 10 minute drive home how I was going to tell Ian about my purchase. Who spends that much cashola on spices?

I am the kind of person you want to invite to a party because I feel for the hostess. I am an ESFJ after all. During the candle party phase I would buy candles even though I hate candles because the scents make me sneeze like the dickens. I started saying no to these things because I was going broke. I remember when I was first married, Tupperware was the big thing. I must have gone to a zillion parties all because I feel for the hostess. I even got suckered into having a party once; I practically threatened all my friends with bodily harm if they didn’t come. They were the ones who had roped me into having a party in the first place; the lure of free things was just too much for me! I actually wouldn’t mind going to a Tupperware party as all my stuff is now getting worn out. Apparently, Tupperware is passé.

Anyway, back to my story, I arrive home to a very excited Ian showing me the new shoes he had just purchased at the mall. I asked him how much he spent. He wrinkled his forehead and with a shake of his head said “I have never spent this much on shoes but they were _______(far too much to even write down....hehe)”. Well, I’m no fool. “Gee, Ian that is a lot to spend on shoes but you know, you get what you pay for and I trust your judgement completely when it comes to spending money........ Oh and by the way, I spent 65.00 on an ice cream scoop and spices”.

Over and Out. 8th post complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment