Saturday, January 22, 2011

Archive 5

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Am I Cheap?

I am not sure I have what it takes to be a real blogger as one has to actually take the time to sit and type something out. This last week I have been spending a wee bit of time (if I say lots Ian's forehead will wrinkle and he will tell me to quit exxagerating because its like lying - I beg to differ, I like to call it being creative, making the mundane interesting ...... anyhow ...... I am off topic)oh yes, I have been spending time with Ian looking at hardwood flooring because after 10 years of being in our present house the whole main floor is finally getting replaced with Chocolate Ash flooring.

When we bought our house, one of the first things we both said when we looked at the house was that the flooring definitely had to go - ewwww, ick, ugleeeee. But as time ticked on, we found other things to spend our money on, then even the thought of moving all our stuff made the task seem ever so daunting BUT thanks to Harper's renovation rebate for our income taxes (which expires today so you Westerners can still make it to Home Depot if you hurry) our sense of cheap caused us to take the plunge. That and the fact we will be gone for 3 weeks in March so the floor guy can floor to his hearts content without us bothering him.

And this week we had to replace our very LOUD dishwasher which also came with the house. It was awful 10 years ago but it was a Maytag and those commercials are right. Maytags last forever and ever and ever. When we ran the dishwasher it sounded as though a freight train was in our house. So because well we are cheap, Ian decides he will install the new one himself. Let's just say it did not go well. So the plumber came and installed it and you would think the story would end well at this point BUT nope he informs us our brand new dishwasher has a leak. What?? So we call the store who called the manufacturer who calls the plumber who is coming tomorrow to inspect our leak. We have been washing our dishes the old fashioned way.

I also have begun to notice that all our towels, bedding (most of the stuff we got for wedding presents) are beginning to fall apart. I tend to use everything until it gets a hole in it or breaks. Even my clothes. Which brings me into another topic ......... my friends want to nominate me for the TV Show "What Not To Wear". Now I could be offended but they are so totally right on. I do not dress for fashion but rather choose comfort. Yoga pants are the bomb because they are expandable. In fact, the more they bug me the more awful I aim to dress. Also, have you noticed the price of clothing these days? What a racket! If we all boycotted clothing stores for a few months we could force the prices to come down.

I think you would all agree that I am cheap. You can call me Mrs. Cheap and I am OK with that.

Over and Out. Post Number 5 (I think)complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment