Saturday, January 22, 2011

Archive 2

Monday, January 18, 2010

I have the Blues .......

I am not sure how often one is supposed to blog. My life probably doesn't warrant a daily update. I have a pretty regular life for the most part ..... now Ian keeps making excess noise as he is trying to invade my creative space and therefore sabotage my blog writing experience. Does he not realize one needs complete silence to create? I need to be alone with my words. Why is it that men talk when you don't want them to and don't talk when you want to them to? And then my son is watching Chuck (this really cool spy show that I find quite funny but since I discovered Rogers on Demand I watch later so I can fast forward commercials) and my daughter is listening to this music called Skillet. I don't get it,why would the group essentially call itself frying pan? Noise, noise everywhere!

I am not depressed as my post would imply, rather I feel the need to vent about my treks to Blue Mountain. I went last night, for the second time this season. For you Westerners, Blue Mountain is this large hill like escarpment that Ontario people ski on. It is like a mini Whistler about 40 minutes from my house. Very cute and I rather enjoy 'walking' around it to look in the shops and drink expensive coffee or go to the very trendy Scandinavian Spa (my experiences there shall be a post for another day). BUT I happen to be married to a man and have given birth to 2 children who love skiing and snowboarding. My dear sweet hubby was so kind that he bought me skiing equipment last year. I took it is a sign that he would like me to join the family in this winter outing. He doesn't want me to feel left out. Perhaps he is trying to kill me with kindness!

Many of you know that I am a pastor and I know pastors are not supposed to swear. But skiing makes me want to swear. They do not understand that my bones are very important to me and I do not wish to break them. I do not need their advice on how to improve. I see the mocking in their eyes although they deny it profusely, they are helping me they say. As we near the hill I feel nastiness overcome my rather rational being and my eyes quiet the comments I know are dying to escape out of their lips.

I look like a big giant black marshamallow once I get all my gear on. I can't even do my own boots up. And once they are on I walk like an idiot. It does not seem logical to me. If God intended us to put long skinny things on our feet He would have just made our feet longer. Then I proceed to get on the lift with my friend who also is not so keen on breaking her bones. The best part was riding on the lift because it was such a beautiful evening. Why couldn't we just go round and round on the lift having a nice visit?

Twice last night I saw 2 people on the hill called Big Baby getting rescued from their injuries. I saw many people wipe out. Tell me again why we do this? Then when I wake up the next morning I have to take ibuprofen so I can move.

We do many things for our families and for me skiing is one of them. So now that I have vented I will proceed to enjoy the rest of the season skiing at the mountain .....

Over and out. 2nd post completed
.

No comments:

Post a Comment